Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Big Boy Chair

My baby is 18 months old today. How did that happen?

I miss my baby, but at the same time, I love my toddler. I love his growing independence. Case in point, tonight he decided he wanted to sit in a real chair instead of his high chair for dinner. (Granted, he has never been a big fan of a high chair, but this is the first time he tried to sit in a real chair.)

I thought I'd let him try it, assuming he would quickly bore of it and try to climb down. But no, he happily and politely sat in the chair for about 10 minutes (years in baby time, especially on a weekday after daycare).

His happiness with the chair might have had something to do with the french fries. Ben LOVES french fries. (Don't judge our dinner people, I'm sick, Ben's sick, nothing was defrosted, and I just didn't feel like dealing with it, so a drive-thru it was.)

I did sneak some strawberries in there. Ben has finally ended his anti-fruit strike, and now enjoys blueberries, strawberries, and bananas. Progress.

This face just cracks me up. And Dee's begging both annoys and cracks me up at the same time.

I think it is time to buy Ben a booster seat and let him try his hand at the table more often.

3 comments:

  1. Such a big boy!

    The booster seats are great. Lily really loves hers at home, although when we go to restaurants she makes it very clear that she is a big girl and insulted by high chairs and boosters alike.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait until he's old enough to eat beefs at Portillo's with me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You may call it begging, but I'm sure in Dee's mind she is guarding the floor from food stuff being dropped on it. It's all in the point of view.

    ReplyDelete