Sunday, November 24, 2013

Raking Leaves

Our front yard was in serious need of some raking.

Mike told Ben he was going to rake the leaves and asked if he wanted to help, Ben told him no, he didn't have a rake, but he would watch. Such a helper. ;-)

Watching turned into playing, of course...




Speaking of helping, at Ben's parent/teacher conference a few weeks ago, his teacher told me that Ben needs to work on helping during clean up. Apparently, he conveniently has to go to the bathroom whenever it is clean up time. Or he holds the toy basket and instructs the other kids in what to do. Oh, Ben.

Yesterday I was explaining to him what Thanksgiving means, and I asked him what he was most thankful for. With a totally straight face, he told me "for you picking up my toys." What am I going to do with this one?

5 comments:

  1. Hahaha! That's really funny. We just had a parent teacher conference for Lily on Friday and her teacher said that when they recently talked in class about what they were thankful for, Lily was the only one who included being thankful for her teachers on her list. Our kids know how to bring out the charm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like Ben is headed for management!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The real question is, what are you going to do with yourself? Maybe you should not pick up his toys for him...

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a constant battle. He is forced to help, but he moves at a snail's pace. I get irritated and start "helping." It is a problem. Honestly, if we made him do it all by himself it would take a month. I've even thrown away toys that he left out. He cares, but not enough to help clean up sometimes. It just depends on his mood. He is stubborn -- like Daddy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, he is Mike's son though, right! Remember when Mike had the one job to vacuum at your apartment & it happened like never?!

    We have the same problem here sometimes, I jump in to help since I'm too impatient.

    ReplyDelete