Sunday, July 14, 2013

Naps

This is about 10 minutes after Ben threw a fit, telling us he didn't need a nap and wasn't tired.


I especially like the goldfish spilled on his shirt and how it looks like his teddy bear is trying to eat them.


I'm sad to say Ben gave up scheduled naps not long after we took his binkie away. Sad day, indeed. Now he will usually fall asleep on the couch at some point during the day, but it is usually pretty late and then we have to wake him up because it is dinnertime and too close to bedtime and he is GRUMPY. :-(

I miss that binkie.

Can I tell you how awesome it was on Sunday when Mike went golfing from 8:30 - 2:30, Ben wouldn't nap but was tired and cranky, and Liv wouldn't nap more than her usual cat naps (maybe 2 naps for about 30 minutes). Yeah. Long day. I was so desperate to entertain, I found a coupon for a free car wash and we headed out, then went through the drive-thru for ice cream cones. That killed a good hour, but neither kid fell asleep like I was hoping. Well, at least the ice cream cones were tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment