Monday, May 5, 2014

Daddy's Girl

Livvie really loves her Dada. Saturday Mike mowed the yard for the first time this year. We had a ton of rain this week, so all of the sudden the lawn was looking green but overgrown. Ben went outside to help, and Liv was at a loss as to what to do with herself without her two boys.

She sat at the door watching them. Poor thing.



Side note: Look at that hair. She was putting bananas on her head at breakfast. (She thinks this is hilarious.) Plus, it is super curly in the back. Plus, she pulls out her hair clips constantly. So this is her look.


She started crying when Dada got too far away.


I felt sorry for her, so I got my shoes on and took her outside. We watched them for a while until they moved to the backyard. Then the whole process started again at the back door.

I told her if she'd just walk already or lose her diva "I won't sit in the grass" attitude, she could go out there and play too. But not standing/walking and refusing to sit on the grass sort of limits our options outside right now.

Meanwhile, she is transitioning to the next room at daycare this coming week. In that room the kids are on more of a schedule with naps. So she's switching from napping on demand to taking one longer nap after lunch. They tried it wed-fri this week and we're doing the same. So far, so good.

In addition, she is just about past the weight limit for her infant carrier. And lugging her 21 lbs around in that thing is killing my back, shoulders, and neck. We are ready to get her big girl car seats, but I have been delaying it, hoping she will walk. It is hard for me to juggle carrying her, carrying all the kids stuff, and setting Ben up with his breakfast in his classroom at daycare. If she could stand/walk, it would be much easier. But for the sake of my shoulders/neck, we might go ahead and switch her now.

1 comment:

  1. maybe if you take her out of that baby carrier she will get herself together and walk. I'd let you carry me around too if I thought you would. :-)

    ReplyDelete