Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Happy New Year!

I realize it's already mid-January (how did that happen?), but here is a quick wrap-up of our New Year's Eve festivities.

I got out of work early to pick up the kids, because Creative World closed at 3 p.m. It started snowing on our way home, but we still went through the Dunkin Donuts drive-through to get Ben not one, but two vanilla long johns (the only doughnut he likes). See, I'd said something in passing about doughnuts the night before, which put them in Ben's head. He asked for one, and I promised him I'd get him one in the morning before school as a special NYE treat. Well, I forgot. I would have gotten away with it too, except lo and behold his friend Logan walks in right behind us with a Dunkin Donuts bag, and shows us his doughnut. What are the odds?! Ben then remembered the doughnut promise, and wanted me to pack up and take him there right then. I told him no, I had to get to work, but I promised him two doughnuts after school to make up for it. Glumly appeased, he went about his day, and I made good on my promise this time around.

Once home, he dug into his first doughnut and we started the party!




Ben really got the hang of it and was loving it, but Liv was tired and just kept handing me back the hat each time I put it on her head. She wouldn't even wear it long enough for me to snap a picture.



The much-anticipated doughnut.



Mike brought home a pizza, and we hung out and played with the kids. Olivia only made it until about 8, but we let Ben stay up until 10, playing the board games that we can't really play when Liv is up because she tries to eat the small pieces and climbs all over the board. In retrospect, letting him stay up that late was a bad idea. He had a melt-down when we told him it was time for bed, because he was so over tired.

After we got Ben to bed, Mike and I watched Crazy Stupid Love for the umpeenth time. It ended 10 minutes before midnight, so we hung out to see the ball drop, then went to bed. The kiddos don't understand that we are supposed to sleep in the next day.

1 comment:

  1. Crazy Stupid... love that movie, or rather love Ryan in that movie. I could watch him, er the movie, over and over.

    ReplyDelete