Saturday, September 7, 2013

Happy 6 Months, Livvie Lu!

It's hard to believe Olivia is 6 months old today. My how the time flies. Mike and I honestly have trouble even remembering life without her. She is such a sweet little thing who definitely brightens every day.

What's Olivia been up to lately?

She finally mastered sitting this week. She's been sitting for several weeks, but it was for just a few minutes at a time. Now she is a full-fledged "sitter." Yay! It opens up so many more options for keeping her entertained.

And it means she is ready for the high chair! I pulled it out from the basement this morning, gave it a good scrubbing, and in she went. She liked it pretty well. And it is a lot safer than putting her in the bumbo up on the table. She is too strong and crazy for that to be safe any longer, except on the carpeted floor.



She is mostly wearing 6-9 month clothes now, especially sleepers and onesies. But she can still wear her 3-6 month dresses, as her need for 6-9 is mostly a length issue, not a weight issue. Speaking of clothes, I put her in the cute 75 cent garage sale dress Mom picked up for her, just for fun. She was soooo cute in it. And she knew it.



She really enjoyed playing with the tulle layer.





Other items of note:

She got her first tooth this week. It just broke through the surface on Friday. It is her top front tooth. I thought babies usually got their bottom teeth first, but I should know by now that Livvie does nothing by the book.

I am not exactly sure of her height/weight since her check-up isn't for another few weeks, but I weighed her last week at 16 lbs. No idea on height.

Loves: her jumper, Ben and Daddy (Mom too, but not like she loves her boys), Dee, any toy that can be shoved in her mouth (she's not picky), walks in the Bjorn, grabbing at my necklaces.

Hates: peas, waiting for a bottle once she's decided she's hungry. Her list of hates is pretty short. She is such a happy girl, not much upsets her.

She still likes to cat nap about 30 minutes a few times a day, but, shockingly, she took a 3 hour nap today up in her crib. We actually had to wake her up because it was getting close to dinner/bedtimes, etc. Of course she woke up all smiles. Now if I can just get her to take a nap like this every day, instead of once every 3 months...

Here are a few more photos from throughout the day.






She still uses her binkie to fall asleep, but I've noticed her chewing/sucking on her two fingers a lot lately. Which of course reminds me of Jaimee every time.


That bow and the polka dots reminds me of Minnie Mouse.



Ben is so sweet. She pulled on his ear and he didn't even care.


That tongue is always out. She has a cold and, I'm sad to say, quite enjoys licking the snot.


This face just kills me. Something Ben was doing met with disapproval, apparently. She looks ready to give a stern lecture.



My photo shoot ended abruptly when everyone decided to pile on the bed.


I snapped one more just before bed. While I mentioned she loves any toy she can shove in her mouth, I'll say  her Minnie rattle might be her favorite. She tends to choose Minnie over the others a lot.


Happy half birthday Livvie. We love you!!!

2 comments:

  1. a) she looks like a locked up prisoner in the high chair. b) I knew she would make that 75 cent dress look like a million bucks worth. c)love the comment on her enjoying the benefits of a runny nose d) how cute is Ben with her? like adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable as ever! Happy half birthday, Livvie Lu!

    ReplyDelete