Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Beep Beep

Ben loves cars, trucks, boats... Pretty much anything with an engine.

I've had my eye on one of these cars for Ben since his first birthday, but I just couldn't see paying $50 for one when they are constantly for sale at garage sales...only I never seem to make it to any garage sales.

Thank goodness for a very generous co-worker who knew I wanted one and convinced his two boys they were too old for theirs. (They are 5 and 8; I think mostly my co-worker just wanted the storage space back, and who can blame him.) Anyway, the boys agreed they were ready to part with it and were glad to see it go to another kid. And Ben was a very grateful recipient! It is amazingly in almost-new condition.



My little short stack can't quite scoot it along this year, but I'm sure he'll get there soon. Meanwhile, he stands at the back door looking at it and saying "beep beep, beep beep" until we take him outside to play with it.

Playing with it includes opening the door, getting in, turning the wheel, honking the horn, turning the key, then opening the door and getting out. And then repeating the cycle 100 more times. And occassionally checking the gas tank, which I pretended to fill up once, making the gulp, gulp noise, and now he loves to try to make the noise himself.

1 comment:

  1. That is really cute! I have a similar item in a fire truck style. I was thinking of donating it (it's not really Lil's thing), but decided to hold onto it until after Ben visits. I'm glad I did!

    ReplyDelete