Thursday, June 17, 2010

Hand, Foot and Mouth

Turns out all this spitting up and fussing is because Ben has a fairly common viral infection called Hand, Foot and Mouth. I took him to the doctor on Tuesday and they showed me the bright red sore throat and all the little sores at the back of his throat. Poor little guy. No wonder he didn't want to eat for 2 days.

He seems to be on the mend and in good spirits again. The doctor said he probably got over the worst of it this weekend, and now we just have to wait it out.

Unfortunately, the infection is highly contagious, so no school for Ben until Monday. Dad and I are taking turns staying home with him. But he is a charmer, so it is not too much of a hardship being home with him all day!

4 months old and already skipping school, the little scammer! :-)

By the way, ben is 4 months old today. Hard to believe; the time is flying by!

2 comments:

  1. Poor Ben! I've heard hand, foot, and mouth is SUPER contagious. Poor little guy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, his doctor said highly contagious and no "school" for a week. I feel bad that we brought him in Tuesday, but we didn't know. And to be honest, I'm sure he picked it up at daycare to begin with. Of course I caught it, since I am with him all the time and he drools on me constantly. It is just a mild sore throat in adults though.

    ReplyDelete