A long while back Mom picked up these gems at a garage sale and then decided that they didn't work with her tables, for whatever reason. Knowing I was in need of kitchen chairs, she brought them to me. They sat in our basement for a long while until I finally got a chance to pull out a few and spruce them up.
The seat cover was really stained and dirty--gross!
I used white satin spray paint and recovered the cushions using a fabric shower curtain from World Market. I am not 100% sold on the fabric, but for now it is certainly much better. I also sprayed the cushions with a fabric protector to help with the little jam hands around here. :-)
Since I had the spray paint out, I gave our previously black PB candle holders a little love. The black was too dark against the navy wall. Much better! I used white again for these, but went with a gloss finish instead of satin.
This is the closest to the true color.
But in this one you can see the problem--when they cut the boards, the finish chipped off on the ends. No bueno.
Now it almost matches the wall color. Not sure if I like the minimalist, monotone look or if I need to paint it white or some such. I'm going to live with it a while and then decide.
Clearly my chalkboard lettering needs work.