Saturday, November 1, 2014

Big Girl

Liv has never been a fan of her high chair or booster seat. Lately, she wants out pretty quickly and then prefers to sit on my lap and eat--which is cute sometimes, but also a bit prohibitive for me.

Last Saturday night, she was even more emphatic that she did not want to sit in her booster chair. I held her for a bit, and then Mike held her for a bit, but she was squirmy and kept getting off and on our laps.

Finally I just suggested we let her sit in a real chair and see how it goes. I had him put her in his chair, which has a pad. Pad = less sliding around.

It went great! She is so much more willing at this age to sit and listen to directions than Ben ever was. She happily sat in this chair and ate her dinner. I'd gotten take out--Taco Fresco for Mike and Potbellies for Ben and me (they're right next door, luckily). Liv had a little of both--refried beans and meat off of my sandwich, along with a veggie pouch.


Ms. Independent also has to do the spoon/fork for herself. But she is getting pretty good at it.


She looked so little and adorable sitting in that big chair at the other end of the table from me.







We let her sit on her own again this morning, and it went well. So far, so good.

1 comment:

  1. All I can think of (besides how cute she is) is Put A Towel On That Chair Jaysa! yes it was in all caps in my head, but I didn't want to be rude.

    ReplyDelete