I thought since Mom and I were both actually dressed and wearing makeup at the same time, we should capitalize on the moment and get a good photo.
We tried, we really did. Here are a few tips for getting an awesome shot:
1. Pick the messiest background possible. "Hey Mom, let's take a photo. Where should we pose? I know -- let's go to the corner of the kitchen with food and junk stacked everywhere; then let's open a cabinet door for good measure."
2. Blink and eat your hair. Very runway.
3. Raise your head to look thinner and minimize your double chin.
4. Don't smile, whatever you do.
5. Switch it up. (Apparently this is Mom's good side. It doesn't seem to be helping our photo any, however.)
6. Instead of looking directly at the camera, look off in space in an artsy sort of way. Very fancy.
No joke, these are the 6 pictures I got of us. Not a winner in the bunch. Wow.